Solid Flooring Underfoot
With over 64 years experience, Workplace Services, Inc. | Kuske Interiors has used tile and stone to create and design spaces for living. Our tile and stone collections are fashion forward that will allow your imagination to go free and express your personal lifestyle. We feature the latest trends in color, sizes and designs, including decorative shapes and sizes that will help you create your own unique living space.
Porcelain tile is a tile that is generally made by the dust pressed method from porcelain clays which result in a tile that is dense, impervious, fine grained and smooth, with a sharply formed face. Porcelain tiles usually have a much lower water absorption rate (less than 0.5%) than non-porcelain tiles making them frost resistant or frost-proof. Glazed porcelain tiles are much harder and more wear and damage resistant than non-porcelain ceramic tiles, making them suitable for any application from light traffic to the heaviest residential and light commercial traffic. Full body porcelain tiles carry the color and pattern through the entire thickness of the tile making them virtually impervious to wear and are suitable for any application from residential to the highest traffic commercial or industrial applications. Porcelain tiles are available in matte, unglazed or a high polished finish.
Ceramic (Non-Porcelain Tile)
Ceramic or non-porcelain tiles are generally made from red or white clay fired in a kiln. They are almost always finished with a durable glaze which carries the color and pattern. These tiles are used in both wall tile and floor tile applications, are softer and easier to cut than porcelain. Non-porcelain ceramic tiles are usually suitable for very light to moderate traffic and generally have a relatively high water absorption rating making them less frost resistant and they are more prone to wear and chipping than porcelain tiles.
Features & Benefits
- Durability: Tile is unparalleled in the floor covering industry in its durability. If the right product is chosen and maintained properly, it could easily last the lifetime of the home.
- Stain Resistant: Tile is in general, the most stain resistant building product in the world. Glazed tile, and even some unglazed tile, resists practically all solutions that could cause staining in other types of floor covering products.
- Hygienic: The face of porcelain or ceramic tile will not retain liquids nor will it absorb smoke, fumes or odors. These properties provide for excellent hygiene.
- Easy to Clean: Plain water or a damp mop is generally all that is required to keep the tile clean.
- Scratch and Scuff Resistant: While no surface is scratch-proof, tile resists scratches, scuffs and indentations better than any other floor covering.
- Resistant to Fading: Tile is highly resistant to fading due to sunlight or electrical light.
- Resistant to Burns: Cigarettes or fireplace sparks are no problem for tile.
- Environmentally Friendly: Tile body is 100% natural.