All natural flooring
Cork is made from tree barks of cork trees grown mainly in Portugal and Spain. Recently, through improved technology, it has become one of the popular types of floor covering. Cork is available in a wide variety of colors and styles including; beveled or non-beveled planks and tiles, with floating or glue down installation systems.
Features & Benefits
- It is the best insulator of heat, cold and sound; therefore, very quiet and warm
- It is 50 percent air, so very soft and comfortable under foot
- It is natural and sustainable; therefore, environmentally friendly
- It is hypo-allergenic, anti-microbial and non-toxic
- It is resistant to mildew, mold and common pests
- It resists scuffs and stains and due to the texture doesn’t show dust and scratches
- It is ideal for entrances, family rooms, hallways, living rooms, or anywhere else in your home
- It should be treated as any other type of wood.
- Protect it from sun exposure; it can fade in the sunlight.
- It has to be vacuumed and damp mopped regularly; avoid excessive use of moisture.
- Use touch up kits for small scratches, replace severely damaged boards.
- Never wax the pre-finished floors; it can damage the factory finish.